The Practice Patient's Charter
What you can do for us:
- Please treat staff at all times with courtesy and respect.
Any threatening, abusive or violent behaviour against any of our
staff or patients will be taken seriously. Any patient who is
violent or abusive will be warned to stop their behaviour. If they
persist, we will take action to have them removed from our patient
- Please telephone before 10.00 if you need a home visit.
- Please take the medication prescribed for you. If you
do not wish/intend to take this medication, please let the
- Please do everything you can to keep appointments, or
tell us as soon as possible if you cannot. Remember, your
cancelled appointment can be given to someone else.
- Be ready to tell us of your past illnesses, medication,
hospital admissions and any other relevant details.
- Ask if you are unclear about your treatment.
- Please accept our advice on vaccination, immunisation and
health screening programmes.
- Manage your own health and wellbeing by maintaining a healthy
lifestyle, for example, by taking regular exercise and having a
varied, healthy diet.
Please help us to help you.